Staying at home...

We are celebrating!!! Our youngest is finally sleeping through the night! It's been over a week now sleeping 12 hours a night (with a few wake ups sometimes but she puts herself back to sleep). I am so excited!! It took us 10 months of hard work to get to this point. She is a very high maintenance girl but we love her so much! Around the same time she started sleeping through the night our oldest started giving us problems. He has always been a wonderful sleeper but for some reason he cries and cries when we put him to bed now. He keeps asking me to sing to him. I don't know if he's scared or if he just doesn't want to go to sleep. I'm hoping he will get back to his normal sleeping habits. It's difficult since we have them in the same room.

I've been teaching my son some scripture. We are working on Psalms 46:10. I don't know anything sweeter on this earth than a child speaking God's Word. I made a poster with pictures next to the words. He looks at the picture and remembers the words (I saw the idea on the Internet).

We are still working on potty training. I had no idea how long this process would be. He are using the reward system. Some days he does awesome and other days he just doesn't care. He's not even 2 1/2 yet so I'm not worried. He'll get there...someday.

I am finally at the end of the Old Testament in my reading through the Bible. My sister asked me what my favorite book was. I really love Isaiah's prophecy of Christ. It is amazing that these words were recorded some 600 years before it happened in amazing detail. All the prophetic books really got to me. God's love for His people is boundless. He warned and warned them to turn from their sins and like a loving father he had to discipline them but he was there afterwards lovingly taking them back. His love never failed even though his people continually turned their backs on him. The same is true for us christians today and can be true for anyone who chooses to follow him. What a wonderful God!

So my husband's birthday is next week. He has challenged me to make this for his birthday...

Just so you know I have never made a cake (other than my son's cake) before. So we shall see. I will post pictures even if it is terrible. Why can't he pick something easy!

I have been making my laundry detergent since August. I started with liquid but it was so much work. I since found a recipe for a powder form. It is much simpler to make and it works great.

I still make all our bread. I've learned to turn my recipe into rolls and buns. They taste so good! My mother's dear friend gave me a bread maker. I use it for loaf bread. It is a lot easier. But I make my rolls and buns by hand. It is a lot of work but it is so worth it.

To make some extra money I decided to start selling things on an online yard sale and on Craigslist. I've sold two baby swings, a baby Papasan chair, a bassinet and my sister-in-law's iPhone all since Saturday. So if you need anything sold let me know (haha...). I also advertised my violin lessons and murals. So far I've already started one new violin student and I have three interested in murals. I'm hoping it takes off. I really enjoy doing both.


You can check out my website at...
artandmusicbydonna.webs.com

Until next time! Donna

Comments

Popular Posts