The Word Became Flesh

The other day I sat down with just my Bible, a pen and some paper. I'd been challenged to study the Bible in a new way. I chose the gospel of John to start my study. My first task was to just simply observe what I saw.

I began to read the familiar verses of John 1:1-18. I've heard them so many times before. As I read, I began to clearly see that there were numerous truths about Jesus listed in these verses. Many of them are not the first thing we think of when we hear the name of Jesus but they are a beautiful look into who He truly is. 

I want to list them here to remember them.

Jesus...
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him.
Without Him was not anything made that was made. 
He was Life and the Life was the Light of men.
He is the Light that shines in the darkness.
He is the Light that cannot be overcome by darkness.
He is the true Light that gives light.
He was in the world.
The world was made through Him.
The world did not know Him.
He came into His own.
His own people did not receive Him.
All who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh not of the will of man, but of God.
The Word became flesh.
The Word dwelt among us.
He has shown us His glory.
His glory is of the only Son from the Father.
He is full of grace and truth.
He ranks before John (the Baptist).
He came after John (the Baptist).
His fullness has given us grace upon grace.
Grace and Truth come through Him.
He has made God known 

Comments

Popular Posts