Jesse Tree

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year! I love all the decorations, food, music, movies and presents. But there is so much more to Christmas than all these things! On the first Christmas over 2,000 years ago, an amazing thing happened: God became man and lived among us to offer a remedy for our dying world. The Messiah who Israel had waited hundreds of years for, was finally here!

The Jesse Tree is a walk from Creation to the Cross. Each story linking to each other to show how scripture beautifully points to Christ in so many different ways. I decided to make our Jesse Tree stories 31 days long. We will start reading them 31 days before Christmas. Each night we will unwrap an ornament and read the story. I found lists of scripture references for each story. I looked up the scripture and typed up a 5 minute story about each one. As the kids get older we'll expand more on the stories.

If you're not crafty but you still would love to do the Jesse Tree, there are many different options for ornaments. Check out these...


I got my inspiration from a few different sites. I decided to take a little from each one.



Update:

We went through the Jesse Tree last Christmas and it went very well. The kids loved it. We will definitely continue it every year. 

I found a wonderful book written by a young girl who grew up with her family doing the Jesse Tree each year. She created a group of her favorite Jesse Tree Bible stories and there are even ornaments to go along with the stories. Here is a link to check out her book.


I ended up giving this set to my sister to use in Africa. I plan on making a wooden set next year.


Comments

Popular Posts