Sourdough Experience

For those who are interested, I wanted to give an update on my sourdough experience so far. 
  • I started my sourdough starter about 1 ½ weeks ago.  It took 7 days to make.  It was so simple, only requiring filtered water and flour.  Here is the recipe I followed, Sourdough Starter Recipe.
  • My first recipe to try was a classic sourdough loaf.  I had to use a Dutch Oven for this recipe.  It was my first time using one.  I did have trouble getting my dough to rise well after I left it overnight.  The culprit was the temperature.  I’ve got to find a good place with a consistent temperature of 70 degrees for next time.  I let my dough sit for about 4 more hours longer and decided to go ahead and finish it up.  The result was a little dense but it tasted heavenly!  My family ate it up and wanted more.  I’m going to try again in a few days. I want to perfect it!  On the webpage I followed, I did notice differences between the video and the recipe.  That was a little frustrating.  Here is the recipe I followed, Sourdough Bread Recipe.

  • My next recipe to try was Sourdough Pancakes.  I found that this recipe takes a good amount of starter.  So, it would be difficult to double the recipe.  For 7 people, we only got two small pancakes each.  But they were so good!  Everyone approved. Here is the recipe I used, Sourdough Pancakes.

I’m so glad I decided to start making sourdough!   My next recipe I want to try is Sourdough English Muffins.

Comments

Popular Posts