My Father's World Kindergarten


Join me as I take you through a photo journey of our Kindergarten year homeschooling. We used My Father's World "God's Creation from A to Z" Kindergarten curriculum and we absolutely loved it! It was such a fun year and I will cherish the great times we had together.


We started in August 2015. My two oldest children were doing the curriculum. They were 5 and 6 years old. My two youngest children were 3 and 4 years old and they joined in on many activities.


On this board I kept our calendar, weather, Memory verse, 100 chart, and other things to go over. We did a little circle time to start the day in front of the board.


This is our desk area.



During the first couple of weeks we went over the days of creation.



We made this pretty world sun catcher.


S in for Sun!



We really enjoyed this science project! We measured out to find out the relative size and distance apart the earth, moon and sun are. The small orange dot at the end of the driveway (above his right shoulder) is the sun. He is holding the earth and moon.


M is for Moon!

This was so fun, we built a rocket ship! The kids loved flying to the moon.


During this unit we learned the phases of the moon.


We enjoyed our Cuisenaire Rods!



N is for Nest!



Sometimes we did school away from home.


Pudding letters (well we are suppose to be drawing letters...)


T is for turtle!



Sea Creatures


O is for Octopus!


G is for Goat!


C is for Cow!

Trying different dairy foods.


Writing words!


I can't remember for sure, but I think the curriculum had us make this pumpkin pie. Anyway, we really enjoyed it.


J is for Jewel!


I is for Insect!
We spent a lot of time watching our ants make tunnels.


E is for Elephant!


P is for Penguin!


Matching words with pictures.


R is for Rock!


Volcano Science project.


100 days!


B is for Butterfly!

Raising caterpillars. This was so awesome! We loved watching our caterpillars make cocoons and turn into butterflies.




Cocoons!


First butterfly emerges!


Time to set them free.



Butterfly life cycle


We found tadpoles in our spring!


Writing words and illustrating them.


Busy at work!



Learning about colors.



Last day of Kindergarten! We finished up at the end of April 2016.

Kindergarten was such a wonderful year. I love how the curriculum is in unit studies. That made learning so much fun. I also love the slow approach of the curriculum. It was perfect for our family.

The next school year, I decided to start my two youngest in the Kindergarten curriculum. They were 5 and 4 years old. We didn't do as many of the extra activities that year. 








Comments

Popular Posts