Silohettes

Making silohettes of the kids, has been on my list of things to do for awhile now. I finally decided to do it yesterday. I have been looking on Pinterest to find out how to do it. I found many different ways. But I decided to come up with a way that didn't require me to print the photos. So here is how I did it...

I took profile pictures of the kids and cropped them to the same size. I then laid white copy paper on the image on the ipad and I traced the outline with a pencil. After that, I cut on the lines to make a template.

Jason cut some wood boards to the same size for me a couple of weeks ago. I painted them all an off white. Once they were dry, I roughed them up with sandpaper.  After that, I centered the template on the board and traced it with a pencil. Lastly, I painted inside the lines with two coats of black paint.

The project took about 2 hours. I love the result. They look perfect on a bare wall at the top of our stairs.







Comments

Popular Posts