Indescribable Peace

Guest post from my husband...

Wow, this week has been a historic time for the people of Ukraine. We have been praying for them like never before. I will not go into detail of the events as you can catch up by reading or watching any of the world news channels. I have had numerous people approach me this week very concerned how this was impacting our adoption. At this point in time, it really hasn't. They have made comments around our safety when we travel there. These comments were sincere concern from their hearts for Donna and I, and I am thankful for friends who care so much for us.

Donna and I have been called by God to adopt these children. I am thankful that Jesus chose to give up safety and security to rescue me. The gospel does not call us to store up treasures here on earth, it does not call us to cling to security and comfort. Now does this mean that I will blindly travel to a potentially dangerous situation and blatantly put our lives at risk? Absolutely not. It does, however, mean that we will take risks to bring our children into a loving Christian home. We will take those risks while making sure our children are in good hands. We will take those risks while obeying the laws of both the United States and Ukraine. We will use these opportunities to share the gospel with others around us on our journey.

As we watched the events unfold this week in Kyiv, I had this overwhelming peace I cannot describe. “But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.” Francis Chan - Crazy Love. "This is the unavoidable conclusion of Matthew 10. To everyone wanting a safe, untroubled, comfortable life free from danger, stay away from Jesus. The danger in our lives will always increase in proportion to the depth of our relationship with Christ.” David Platt. I am trusting God to provide, to protect and to guide because I cannot do it on my own. The more my relationship with Christ grows, the deeper I begin to understand scripture I could never truly and fully comprehend previously.

Comments

  1. Love ya'll. Exciting to see you trusting God no matter what is happening in the world around us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts