Freezer meals and more...

Two months ago, I had a cooking marathon and made tons of meals out of my favorite cookbook "Don't Panic! Dinner's in the Freezer". It was a success! We ate all the meals. I made notes of our favorites for next time. It made dinner so much easier for over three weeks. Now I have purchased the second book, "Don't Panic! More Dinner's in the Freezer". Over the last two days I have made tons more meals. Some are from the old book but most are from the new one. Cheesy Chicken Bundles, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Grilled Sesame Chicken, Honey Lime Chicken, Glazed Carrots, Parmesan mashed potatoes, Green Beans with pine nuts, Loaded potatoes, Chocolate peanut butter chip cookies, and Grilled vegetables. After my husband tasted the Chicken Cordon Bleu, he was blown away. He loved it. It made me feel so good. If only you knew how rare it is for me to cook something that he is crazy about. Actually I've never gotten this reaction out of him before. So needless to say, I will be sticking with these books. I have been very impressed!




I also tweaked my trusted bread recipe to make some flat bread. This was a huge success as well. The kids and I love them! Guess what book I found the recipe in? You guessed it, "Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer". I love this recipe. So much better than using a bread maker (in my opinion). Although a bread maker is so much easier.



I started teaching violin lessons after the first of the year. I really enjoy this! I forgot how much I missed it. Right now I have three students. I really want to get a violin for my son for his birthday. I would love to start teaching him music. He will be in a 1/10th size violin. Sooooo adorable!

I painted a mural in my kids' room about a month ago. I want to add more to it eventually. I'm thinking a rabbit, squirrel and maybe a turkey in the distance. I'm going for things that we see outside our door here at the cabin. It adds a lot to their little room.


In May we were able to visit my twin sister. She lives about 6 hours away.



Until next time! Donna

Comments

Popular Posts